Monday, January 15, 2007

Opera Boston Underground

I have no idea if I like opera, I could say I dont, but I really haven't been exposed to it. Now am I going to go pay some insane amount of money, get all dressed up, and then trek across the river to see if I like it? Probably not. But, I am willing to walk down the street, pay 5 bucks, and drink some beers while checking it out, that sounds do-able.

Opera Boston Underground, a concert series in the Cambridge bar the Lizard Lounge with a cover charge instead of season tickets and standing room instead of velvet seats. You won’t see any fat ladies in Viking helmets or hear Italian arias; instead, some of the actors performing in Opera Boston’s next show, Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill’s Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny, will be performing concert versions of some of the show’s songs.
January 17
7 pm
Cover: $5

Lizard Lounge
1667 Mass Ave
Cambridge

>> Opera Boston Goes Underground

No comments: