Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Charles River Kayaking

I have always wanted to kayak the Charles river. Now I have.

Things I didn't know, but now I know:
* They have free sun block (which was a lifesaver cuz last weekend I dropped mine in the toilet)
* You have to take a quiz, its hard
* Things are farther away then you think, I thought it would be easy to get to the Mass ave bridge, we kind of made it to western ave.
* Getting a double kayak is cheaper but you might not be friends at the end.

The best part of the adventure was when Diane somehow put on her life jacket inside out, this was pointed out to her while on the dock. While attempting to fix it the zipper broke. Three men then surrounded her, one with his hand up her jacket trying to fix it. While the mans hand was particularly close to her breast they joked, how does this even happen. Fantastic is all i can say.

I wonder if they placed bets on us not retuning. hummm.

Charles River Canoe & Kayak
1071 Soldier's Field Road
Artesani Park
Allston/Brighton

No comments: