Friday, June 01, 2007

Fishing Derby

When I was little (OK up to like 20) I used to love going fishing with my dad. We did all kinds of fishing, ice fishing, pond fishing, and beach fishing! That was my favorite because i could tan and swim while he waited for them to bite. I would then run up and say "Can i reel it in?" He would always let me. Then my little sisters got old enough to fish and also enjoy it. It's not such a good time for me anymore. We still go to the beach once or twice in the summer, but no more ice fishing, ever.
If you enjoy taking your kids, or niece's nephew's fishing, you should check out the kids fishing derby. This Saturday, it is supposed to be a pleasant 84 degrees. Soak up the sun and listen to them squeal when they try to reel in "the big one"
Registration forms can be picked up at the Recreation Building at 19 Walnut St.
Kids must be accompanied by an adult to participate.

Saturday June 3.
8a-12noon.
Felsmere Pond
Malden
Call Karen Harrington at 617-625-6600 ext. 2993 for more info.

No comments: