Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cheap is the Word

The next best thing to free food is cheap food. There are a lot of places that have really good happy hours. I can't tell you how many times I have spent a Friday night after work hanging out at Uno's just because of their cheap appetizers. I decided to branch out recently, and I thought I would take you guys with me. Here is just the beginning to a very long list of happy hour specials in Cambridge and Somerville.

Uno
Harvard and Porter Square
Sunday-Friday
3p-7p and then again 10p-closing (12:30a)
In the lounge they have "snack hour" most of their appetizers (but watch out not all) are 1.99 or 2.99.

Grendal's Den
Harvard Square
All food is half price 5p-7:30p and then again 9p-11:30p Sunday through Thursday.
They also have the Sunday Seven. Seven items are listed for $1 from 8p-11:30p.
Chips and Salsa, 4 Bean Chili, Hummus bi Tahini, Pasta w/Pesto, Pasta w/Puttanesca, Cheese Quesadilla, and a Hamburger. (Minimum $3 beverage)

Orlean's
Davis Square
1/2 price appetizers 4p-7p weekdays.

Bukowski's Tavern
1281 Cambridge St.
Burgers and Hot Dogs for $1.69 until 8p weekdays.

Jasper White's Summer Shack
149 Alewife Brook Parkway
$3 Apps
4p-6:30p Mon.-Fri.
Only in the lounge.

Noir
Charles Hotel Harvard Square
5-4-3-2-1-0 Unwind special.
$5 Sandwiches, $4 Flatbreads, $3 Salads, $2 Skewers, $1 Sweets, and $0 Nuts.
5p-7p Mon.-Fri.

El Guapo's
704 Broadway-Somerville.
1/2 price Margarita's and appetizers. Wednesday's.
This is the only place i have heard of that has half price beverages!

Redbones
Davis Square
1/2 price appetizers in the upstairs bar.
4p-6p Mon-Fri.

And there you have it. As I said, I am sure there is more to love. If you want feel free to let me know about your favorite! Also, make sure you are careful, some places only offer happy hours in the lounge. I tried to find out all the info I could, but they aren't all so easy to find online.

No comments: