Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Talk Like a Pirate Day

It exists. Worldwide. For serious! Tomorrow, September 19-Talk Like a Pirate Day. Last year one of the boys I work with told me the best pirate joke, and I never thought I would have a chance to share it. Well here it is!
Why couldn't the pirate go to the movie?
Because it was rated ARRR! Hehe, I heart fourth graders.

OK, so apparently this is a big thing. International! Check out all the cool things happening.
Locally: Brattle Theatre will be featuring 1976 pirate film, Swashbuckler. Arrive dressed as a pirate or wench and get in for half off.
Plot outline from IMDB: A pirate and a hot-tempered noblewoman join forces to protect Jamaica from a tyrant.

Other ways I can help you with this crazy day-here are some pirate terms you might not have known before. This may help get you the wench of your dreams. Although if you are using the word wench, you don't need my help.
Ahoy-Hello
Aye-Yes
Belay-stop talking (shut up)
Blimey-Exclamation of surprise
Bucko-friend
Deadlights-Eyes
Lubber(or land lubber)- a man who loves the land. Always an insult.
Smartly-Do something quickly
Swag-Loot (Can also use Booty)
More Vocab Words

Talk Like a Pirate Day: Everywhere
Free,
ALL DAY 9/19

Swashbuckler
Brattle Theatre
9:30p
$9.50 (unless dressed appropriately=half off.)

No comments: